Thursday, March 19, 2020

This Just In Dept.


In a House O'Foam© exclusive, Lt. Columbo talks us through the sensational arrest of billionaire rock star, vaginal douche consultant, black jazz musician and climate change activist Sting.

FMF©: I have to thank you for getting me off the hook.
Lt.C: Ah, I knew it wasn't you, sir.
FMF©: But my alibi seemed so flimsy, almost unbelievable.
Lt.C: Only a complete moron would have made up that Whack-A-Mole story. And you, sir, are not a complete moron.
FMF©: [simpers] Why, thank you, Officer! But what put you on the trail of the killer?
Lt.C: [scratches forehead with cigar hand] I thought I remembered something about Engelbert Humperdinck. I'm like that. I get a bee in my bonnet ... my wife is a great fan of Engelbert, and ... where was I? Oh yeah ... I hung around the blog for a while, and I stumbled over this quote, from October 16 last year -
Click to enlarge, duh.
It's from your interview with Sting. And it got me to thinking. Mrs. Nussbaum was playing an Engelbert CD at the time of her murder.
FMF©: Wow! But what about my Whack-A-Mole machine that turned up in Ed's dumpster?
Lt.C: After killing Mrs. Nussbaum, Sting stole your Whack-A-Mole, believing it to be a cure for moles - facial moles? He wanted to market his own version on his health and wellness web site. Sting-A-Mole, I think he was going to call it. My wife now, sir, she has these facial disfig-
FMF©: [cutting in] I know Ed's relieved.
Lt.C: Sting couldn't get the machine in the trunk of his Prius, and offered it to Ed.
FMF©: It's all so simple! But what happened to Jessica Fletcher? I thought she was on the case?
Lt.C: Sir, I believe she and that young lady, what's her name ... Co ... ?
FMF©: Cody?
Lt.C: Right. Cody. Well sir, I heard they got married last week.

[FX: FT3 FAINTS, FALLS HEAVILY TO FLOOR]

5 comments:

  1. Sting, who'd a believed it. I actually suspected Jessica Fletcher. She had an odd satanic symbol (my guess) on her finger in the news story. I figured she was jealous of Myra getting the job at the House O' Foam. I'm glad Columbo got to the bottom of this horrible incident.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That satanic symbol was a sex toy popular among those of a lesbotic persuasion, I can now reveal.

      Delete
  2. I am glad you and Ed are no longer under suspicion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd pay for a live stream of the Jessica - Cody honeymoon.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. FX: the sound of one hand slow clapping
    Well done sir! I knew you wouldn't intentionally leave Cody motherless ... at least not without locking up that inheritance first

    ReplyDelete