Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Peas And Love

Ed, yesterday.
Readers with the strength to fog a mirror (getting fewer every day) may have been alert enough to notice the recent low profile of Ed, our long-time Editor-In-Chief here at Th' House O' Foam©. In an effort to put this to rights, I paid him a visit yesterday in his luxurious Dumpster Duplex in the back lot.

FMF©: Hi, Ed!
Ed: Whoa! Didn't see you there, Farq! Creepin' up on a guy ...
FMF©: How ya doin', bud? Long time no see!
Ed: Yeah, I -
FMF©: Hey - isn't that a Whack-A-Mole [Whac-A-Mole - Ed.] arcade machine you got back in there?
Ed: Oh - that? Is that what it is? [uneasy laugh]
FMF©: I had one just like it!
Ed: Hey! Lookee here! I found some albums for the blog! They're swell! There's this one by Food, and this one by Green - I thought you could call the piece Green Food? You know? Like organic veggies?
FMF©: Those original Aaron Fechter arcade machines are pretty hard to come by.
Ed: They're beautiful albums, and not many folks have heard of 'em. Both from '69, one-offs. Take 'em! G'wan! Take 'em and go home before I change my mind!
FMF©: Thanks, Ed! Oh - just one more thing - where did you get your Whack-A-Mole?
Ed: I forget. No - wait - some guy in the street gave it to me.
FMF©: Just - gave it to you? Like that?
Ed: Wouldn't fit in the trunk of his car.
FMF©: Oh - okay. Thanks for the albums - I'll work up a piece around them tonite.
Ed: Eat yer peas, man! Peas and love!

11 comments:

  1. I have neither of these, nor have I heard, or heard of, them. I just bought a barely used Whack-A-Mole set from some guy named Hed. I'll trade ya for the link!

    ReplyDelete


  2. Sweet coupla albums for ya today!

    (Anyone following the Mrs Nussbaum Murder Mystery as closely as I've been writing it? Whodunnit? Hoo hah!)


    ReplyDelete
  3. Things thus far are looking a little shaky for Ed. But, there are other looming possibilities. Thanks for these treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just remember: Soylent Green is People!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seen "The Big Bus"? One of the great stoopid movies. There's a line in it where a busdriver accused of cannibalism (duh) says "One lousy foot doesn't make you a cannibal!" (or something like that).

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the tip. I think. "That's what she said"?

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. There's a clue - more of a blatant give-away - embedded in a piece some time back. The murderer - in time-honored fashion - is someone we've already met, but will come as a surprise.

      If you find out before the reveal, keep it to yourself!

      Delete