Monday, March 30, 2020

Pcinemadelica Dept. - J. Fred Muggs Hosts!

Globe-trotting chimp J. Fred Muggs turned up at th' House O' Foam©! Sure, you know him from hosting N.B.C.'s Today program, but did you know he is also an enthusiastic and knowledgeable pop culture archivist?

We relaxed poolside yesterday while Cody served Cheez Whiz© eggnogs in frosted Sterno© cans.

FMF©: Being, like, an animal, this covid-19 curfew deal doesn't affect you, right?
JFM: [laughs] Yeah, you brought that one on yourselves! Suck it up, losers!
FMF©: Well, it's good to see you looking so well, J. Fred!
JFM: Yup! The whole world's benefiting from the pandemic, by George! Apart from you humans, of course! [laughs] Pollution's down, wild creatures venturing out, rain forest returning ... future's looking good if the virus holds!
FMF©: And you've brung some albums to share?
JFM: Right! While you're still alive [laughs]
FMF©: [laughs] American Dreamer? That's the movie about Dennis Hopper, right?
JFM: Yup. But what might be of special interest to th' Four Or Five Guys© is these associated solo albumens from John Buck Wilkin and John Manning, who contributed songs to the soundtrack. Lissen - I gotta go - bunch of us animals are having a street party to celebrate the end of the human race!
FMF©: [laughs]
JFM: [laughs]

10 comments:

  1. Is The Dave Garrowunway Show on DVD yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you maybe see your way clear to providing a link such that I'm finally able to hear the entire John Manning?

    Incidentally, I've taken this post as an excuse to replay the other two albums featured above. I still enjoy the soundtrack as a whole. On the other hand, the parts of the John Buck Wilkin that do the most for me are (a) the title, and (b) the bewildering snippet of "Long Black Veil" (a song which I happen to love, and which not exactly by coincidence was co-written by the guy's mother) that starts out sounding exactly as if the rest of it's going to be a cover of Little Feat's "Roll Um Easy."

    ReplyDelete
  3. How old is Mr. J. Fred Muggs? He was on the Dave Garroway show in the late 50's. I am not familiar with these albums, and will give them a listen. As always my sincerest thanks.

    PS: As I recall Mr. Muggs a bit wild, so please keep an eye on him.

    PPS: I believe Cody is also quite wild, so keep your other eye on her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do my eyes deceive me or did you make another subtle change to the blog's header? Nice gams btw

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny, last couple o' weeks I've been plowing back through my EC Bill Elder / Kurtzman stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey throckmorton the 10th.. while you were relaxin' by your pond (pool,pond, pond's good for you!) was that granny floater still there? top notch journalists from the today show wanna know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I did say I was a top notch journalist so payin attention ain't xactly my thang ya know. I was gonna check it out for my badass self but my damn NSA purchased drone battery died and the thing crashed. hopefully not in your pond.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Didn't know either of these dudes, but both times good stuff, as we are accustomed to here at the House of Foam. Like that you can also surprise us with some...uhm...less attractive music in a surprise box. Just so we know how good we have it….

    ReplyDelete
  9. As I am, as always, a bit late to the party, the only chimp I know is (No, I am not personally acquainted with the POTUS, aka our Fearless Leader...) Zippy the Chimp, of Late Night's "Monkey-Cam" fame...

    Oh, and, thanks for the memories!

    ReplyDelete