Friday, March 13, 2020

Beatlesque! A Sitarswami® Selection

It's always an honor, a privilege, and a pleasure to host a new compilation curated by everybody's favorite T.V. Guru, Sitarswami! [FX: Cheap electric sitar, windchimes] Yes, dear friends, it's time once again to adopt the full lotus, contemplate the infinite, and meditate to the groovy music of today's Dharma Download!

Alas, coronavirus restrictions prevented me from making a sack-cloth-and-ash pilgrimage to his lofty lamasery in L.A's cloud-girt Koreatown, but he was gracious enough to grant me a skype© interview.

S: Greetings, little grasshopper!
FMF©: [youtube voice] Wassup, guys?
S: Far have I traveled and long have I searched the hidden ætheric domains, the inner vortices of the soul, for the rare, the exquisite, and th-
FMF©: Ri-ight. What is it this time? Fifty-three B-sides by novelty noseflute acts? A deep-catalog discography of some Belgian surf group without a recording contract?
S: It's a lavish cornucopia of mostly obscure tracks inspired by those lovable Liverpool scallywags, The Beatles!
FMF©: Oh shit. Okay, I guess. Fuck. Does it have Beatles in the title? That'll boost the page hits. Nobody wants to click on Boffalongo.
S: It's called Beatlesque.
FMF©: How are you pronouncing that?
S: I just did, this is skype©, remember?
FMF©: And I suppose this will mean hours of tagging the fucking thing correctly and working up a sleeve design, as usual?
S: Such base, worldly activities are beneath my humble remit.
FMF©: Well, I'm getting sick and ti-

[connection lost]

9 comments:

  1. . . . connection . . .

    Speeching of, is anyone else having trouble with "uploadfiles" ? ? ?

    When trying there for a Farq File ("Free" of course) all I get is a white page with "This site can’t be reached..." etc.

    Grr...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm - something seems to be broken at ul - I can't upload this there - hope it's temporary. I'm reverting to good ol' zippy for this one. It's a Stealth Link hidden right at the end of this comment behind the full point.




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try one of the more reliable ones, such as workupload OR mega OR Goog-gull Drive OR what-have-you, as I am sure Zippyswear is a major aversion to some who are "blocked"... NOT an issue here in the U.S. tho . . . Good luck!!!

      Delete
    2. UL has always been reliable thus far. Right now, I can't connect to megaupload neither nohow.

      Delete
    3. Jeez. Stealth linkage, "hidden" at . . . (You know...) The End of Days... (Oh, no, wait --- That's the FLU news angle...) Anyhow, LINK is where it's not ever read by the most impatient of the 4 or 5 . . . Mr. Never Reads to The End of the Posting. (Moi)

      Anyhow, gracias for the Zippyage...!

      Delete
    4. Gratifying clickbait scavengers was never upmost in my mind when I started this thing. Keeping page visits down is a problem. I'm doing this for myself (primarily - it's funnier than online solitaire) and a select group - the Four Or Five Guys© who have the will and the patience - and the reading glasses - to be come-with guys.

      Anyway, here's a workupload link, again hidden right at the very end of the sentence, behind the punctuation right after the last word (which in this case is "word", but not the closing bracket, the full point that follows it, "it" being the word "word").


      Delete
    5. You, sir, are a Gentleman and a Saint. Not a Spy and a Saint. Then you'd be Roger Moore. Which would not be good, as he's on Another Plane. One that's not full of Quarantined Flu victims, we'd hope. Thanks for NOT being shaken while others would try to Stir.

      Delete
  3. Hey Farq, any chance of a re-up please? I must have missed this first time around...

    ReplyDelete