Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Country Rock "Soured Popsicle" Claim

I never heard of these guys until today. I was adding the decals to my Revell MAD Firebird Funny Car model when the dial-up tone alerted me to an incoming email from longtime FoamLurker©, Moviedom's Dabney Coleman.


HEY FARC (it read) THESE GUYS ORPHAN IS THE BUSNESS HOW COME U DO'NT BOOST THEIR CARERE BY SHOWCASING THEM AT TH' ISLE  O' FOAM© THEY IS FUN GUYS MY REGARDS AS ALWAYS "THE DABSTER" PS THERE 3 ABLUMS ATACHED


How can I refuse a request like that? I haven't found the time to listen to them yet, on account I was soakin' me feet, but you go ahead and tell me how swell they are!

EDIT: "Orphan also had long association with Tom Rush and went on the road with him during the seventies."

10 comments:

  1. I'll have a link please Farquhar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You certainly shall, Stanley, and with pleasure. Check back in a few hours.

      Delete
  2. You could play "Six Degrees of Eric Lilljequist" (Orphan's main singer songwriter). I think, I might have seen Orphan open for Jesse Colin Young.
    Would really like to hear these guys.

    PS Nice job on Ron Burgundy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw them several times with Jonathan Edwards back in the '70s (boy, just saying that makes me feel old). All very enjoyable albums if nothing earth-shattering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still have the first 2 on vinyl. Full info on them and their (Dab-there) 6 degrees at:

    https://www.mmone.org/orphan/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dunno, Farq, could the Toluene in the model car cement be altering your perceptions?

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are really sweet albums, but the first two have totally unrepresentative covers. Not only unrepresentative, but shit. You'd think the first was an acoustic folk duo, the second heavy blues rock.

    This is pure country rock. Great vocals, playing, songs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Listening to Orphan while I type this and you're right on both counts: Really nice music - and those covers...I mean, what's with the typeface of the second album, who do these guys think they are, Black Sabbath?!

      Delete