Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Ladies and gentlemen ...



This why the human race is wonderful. Not Beethoven. Not galleries full of art. Not politics, not religion, not even sport (because there's always a loser). This. Rock and freakin' roll. This. Ecstatic communion. The wild wave of love that rises from the beating heart of the crowd. This is what we're best at. This. This is worth fighting for, worth saving. Fuck the politicians. they never got it. Never had a clue. It's not about control, it's about losing it - losing it righteously, in love. Letting go. Give me the beat, boys, and free my soul ...

7 comments:

  1. I think I recognize one or two of those guys. When do they get to Scarlet Begonias?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's in between "Sugar Magnolia" and "Fire on The Mountain", if we're lucky they'll do a short reprise after "Fire".

      Delete
    2. That would work too. It's really the audience that's happening here. You know - us.

      Delete
  2. after 30 minutes of tuning and the 20 minute drum solo. jeez.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd happily listen to 200,000 minutes of Charlie tuning the skins, and I don't recall him ever taking a solo, thank the goddess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They knighted the wrong man - he's always been Sir Charles Watts in my mind.

      (I think Anonymous was referring to the Dead in his comment, and I think you probably knew that)

      Delete
    2. Oops, sorry about that Anonymous!

      Delete