Sunday, May 3, 2020

Saturday Slugfest Dept. - Bubblegum Bloodbath!

Hundreds - that's Fern n' Bern Hundreds, of Tampon Butte, WIS. - have written us to beg for another Cagefight Saturday. "It wus th' highpoint of our week," kvetches Fern (68). "We don't git out much, on account we's shut-ins, n' we's gather round th' radiogram to catch the latest Slugfest, Drano shots n' placin' bets n' beatin' th' livin' shit outta each other! HIHIHIHIH!" Hubby Bern (72) concurs. "Yus! Dey wus th' best o' times! Yez tell kids today, n' dey jes' don' wanna know ..."


So to please Fern n' Bern, here's the latest in our much-loved series. Today's Cagefight pits The Innocence against The Children Of Prague. A little back story is added here as a bonus for the two or three of the Four Or Five Guys© who actually read this garbage.

The Innocence album was a project of the New York Juvenile Delinquency And Drug Abuse Program. The musicians were all street addicts, tough kids from bad neighborhoods. Singing Mairzy Doats was thought to be swell therapy.

The Children Of Prague were just that - kids in a Prague orphanage, many of them terminally ill. This knowledge shouldn't color your enjoyment of their courageous rendition of Chim Chim Cheree.

So- street thug versus Iron Curtain orphan - who will win? Remember - it's your vote that counts!

8 comments:

  1. I put my ducats on dose kids from Prague. I've shared hotels with them a few times on tour. Maniacs I tell you, maniacs. Deez kids make Keith Moon look like an angel. Oh, I guess he is. How da fuk did dey put a live 28 foot anaconda into the hotel plumbing? Deez kids, oh man, all wearing dem "I'd Walk Over You ta See da Who" t-shirts wit dem Crockwork Lemon boiler suits and bowler hats. Dey all seem to be hopped up on tar heroin and crack cocaine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But, do boiz from da Bronx!!!! Yeah, I'll still go with the commies in a cage match.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to offer a contrary opinion since that's my nature and because you should never underestimate the determination of an addict -- no one stands between me and my music blogs! (or my other comforts in life). But then I actually read the description and saw the use of plural past-tense so I throw my stimulus payment on those dirty commie orphans as well, not that they have anything to fight for but neither does a reformed addict -- am I right?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Honor, I refuse to answer on the grounds that it may cause agita and embarrass me to no end. I cannot stay bye and watch this barbaric cold war cage match unfold in front of a few Americans and many, many more iron curtain captives on the island.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You outdid yourself on that back story, Mr. Throckmorton. Bravo Sir.....Bravo!

    My money's on da dopers with musical problems from New Yawk. Doze juvies Pete Anders and Vinnie Poncia got shanks, brass knuckles and zip guns an bogart reefa. Funny cuz Dey were Kama Sutra reading Buddists.


    ReplyDelete
  6. There seems to a bunch of action out by the bike racks. Links for those bike chains?

    ReplyDelete