Thursday, April 23, 2020

Play "Who's In My Box!®" With Tinseltown's Tuesday Weld!

Early literary endeavor
While we wait for you literary genius types to relieve me of some of the crushing burden of "providing content" (*barf*), leave us play the game sensation that's sweepin' th' nation!

Isle O' Foam© residents will be familiar with the rules, so it behooves me to introduce this week's celebrity guest, by special request - Miss Tuesday Weld! [APPLAUSE]

FMF©: So, Tuesday ... that's a weird name, if you don't mind me saying so.

TW: Likewise, I'm sure.

FMF©: So, you were born on a Tuesday, or what?

TW: It's a long version of a contraction of Susan. My father's name was Lathrop Motley Weld.

FMF©: If I hadn't just looked that up on Wikipedia, I'd never have believed it. Lathrop Motley! Haw! What a dumb fucking name!

TW: Listen to who's talking. You want to look in my box or not?

FMF©: I guess so.

Click the link, play the game, and using your skill and judgement, tell us Who's In Tuesday Weld's Box! And while you play, why not peruse these fine Art Studies of Ms. Weld?

This works for me

15 comments:

  1. What a dame! It's hard just thinkin' about Ms. Weld's box ... I tried but I give up. Some of it like the first song sounds like a less despondent Nick Drake's Bryter Layter era Orchestral Folk-Rock meets some psych-rock gone country-rock bumpkins but that's as far as I can get. The lyrics/song topics are way too generic to cheat so I guess I'm not winning Ms. Weld's undivided affections this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey wait a minute! It's not Thursday, it's Wednesday! Could it be the psych band Sweet Thursday? Sounds vaguely similar but it's a wild guess

      Delete
  2. I'm beginning to think that Ms. Weld is a blonde herring. The last photo is of Jane Fonda from the film Cat Ballou. So my guess is the "Cat Ballou" LP by early Van Dyke Parks combo the Greenwood County Singers. Howzzat?

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's some swell answers here, and all just plain wrong. It's deliberately obscure this time, on account wiseacres got the answer too quick before an' spoiled the fun for the rest of youse slobs.

    But well spotted, John, Jane Fonda it is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is Corliss by Corliss from 1972. This really isn't a band, it is Corliss Nelson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob W. comes from behind with this winning answer! Taking into account international time zones, Bob actually answered the question before it was asked. Which is cheating, you ask me.

      Delete
    2. This Corliss Nelson?
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p__L_2Z6q4

      Delete
    3. Can't be. The Corliss Nelson in Tuesday Weld's box is a much younger-type guy.

      Delete
    4. I wasn't cheating. Nowhere in the rules does it say I can't time travel.

      Delete
  5. He He He you said... pheromonal tsunami.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hesitate at the notion of downloading the contents of Tuesday's box, Farq. A sex object of febrile interest to me ever since puberty, it would torpedo my own fantasy isle to learn that Corliss is lame and so is Tuesday's taste. But then again, when it comes to sex objects, I suppose those that taste good trump those with good taste.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my Thalia!

    (Boxed in... erm, I mean SHUT in, with no way out)

    Signed (No Toll-yay!),

    - Rube B. Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  8. IF that gal with the pistol isn't Jane Fonda I'm a repressed homosexual. Not that it would be a bad thing. It's just not for me, that's all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does this mean if it *is* Jane Fonda you are an unrepressed homosexual? Notthatther'sanythingwrongwiththat.

      But yup, as John first noted above, it's La Fonda in the troubling pose. I throw these anomalies in from time to time to see if the Four Or Five Guys© are awake.

      Delete