Friday, April 17, 2020

FalseMemoryFoam© Exclusive Interview With Covid-19!

Covey, in happier times!
You know Covid-19 as the deadly virus that's decimating the human race and causing untold misery and suffering, but few know the cute n' cuddly creature at the heart of the popular pandemic! Covid-19 (or Covey, as he prefers to be known) Skyped me last night as I researched broads in bikinis for an upcoming editorial on ... uh ... on ... [you got nuthin' - Ed.] ... and granted me this historic and exclusive interview!

FMF©: Hey! You're looking good, dude!

C-19: Wish I could say the same for the human race! [LOL]

FMF©: [LOL] But seriously, why don't you take this opportunity to tell the world your side of the story?

C-19: Say! That's a swell idea, Farq! Well, it all started [FX: harp glissando, wavy picture] back in the bat cave - no, not that one - I was getting tired of hanging with a bunch of bats, so when this science-type babe in a white coat suggested I move in with humans - wow! I leaped at the chance! The original idea was to infect Millennials excusively. They'd had their chance and they'd done nothing except make beer out of fruit and tend their beards.

FMF©: A noble mission, Covey, and one for which you get scant credit. Their music is shit, too.

C-19: Tell me about it! But these science-guys, gee, they weren't too on the ball? They gave me access to every human being on the planet! [LOL]

FMF©: Scientists, huh? [circles index finger at forehead]

C-19: So anyway, while I may bring down a bunch of Millennials - high five! - there's beaucoup collateral damage, a lot of good people catching friendly fire. This was never my intention, and it behooves me to broadcast my apology to the world. I'm grateful to FalseMemoryFoam© for platforming my regretfulness.

FMF©: It's been a pleasure, Covey! Say - have you got an album you'd like to share with th' Four Or Five Guys©?

C-19: Indeedy-doody-doodles! It's A Midsummer's Day Dream, by Mark Eric. Nice outdoorsy summery vibe, ideal for that beach party, toasting marshmallows with ... whoops. Oh well.


15 comments:

  1. To receive this swell album of electrically-recorded music, simply complete the following well-known phrase or saying:

    "Why, that's some nerve you got! For five cents I'd ..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. This time, my powers of ratiocination fail me: I am unable to
    infer the rest of the phrase. Therefore, I shall (in a manner fully
    consistent with my reputation for personal integrity) refrain from downloading the Mark Eric album, should it be made available as
    a prize for the correct answer. Note: The fact that I already have
    the Mark Eric album is entirely beside the point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. This is close enough. I had "punch you right on th' snoot!" in mind, but your answer is perfectly acceptable. Well done! I have to drink some beer and eat a sambwidge now, but I'll put your link up right after that.

      Delete
  4. I WOULD say, "Get thee behind me, tempter!" but (on account of
    my personal integrity and the like) I fortunately don't have to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ....loan you a nickel?

    Thanks for this--got Move With The Dawn and the sub-Wilsonian (sub-sub?) Where Do The Girls Of The Summer Go on a comp and always meant to dig around for the elpee. Bitchin'!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Why, that's some nerve you got! For five cents I'd ...rip out your vocal cords and wear them as suspenders."

    ReplyDelete
  7. "... I'd chop your pinky toes off and shove them up your nostrils while making you drink this spoiled buttermilk I gots left over from the Piggly Wiggly last month which I bought to make flap-jacks but forgot tos on account of your wife keepin' me up past my bedtime makin' bacon (which would have gone good with those flap-jacks comes to think of it)"

    ReplyDelete
  8. "For five cents I'd ... be able to get a handful of penny candy back in my day, and yet, here, in the midst of a World Wide Crisis no less, you've got the Mallomars and Scooter Pies for sale here at ridiculous if not price-gouger rates! I've got a good mind to turn you in to the Snack Attack Squad. Or at least report you to the Secret Service agents who are tasked with unenviable duty for our Fearless Leader to requisition his daily dose of cheeseburgers! Now get offa my lawn!!! And go back to your island!!!!!"

    (Old codger voice optional)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ...und es war Sommer (German for "summer", Ed.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. "APPLESAUCE" ?!?

      Why I oughta...

      Oh, APPLAUSE . . .

      Now THAT'S different.

      Ne-e-e-e-e-e-ver mind...

      - Emily Litella (Femme codger...)

      Delete
  11. A Midsummer's Day Dream, now there's a trip down memory lane.
    A sunny Sunday afternoon in Manhattan on a friends roof dosed on "windowpane".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those were the days when roofs dosed with windowpanes were a common architectural feature of th' Five Boro's.

      Delete