Sunday, April 19, 2020

Our Salute To Dames On Parade! Dept.

It is to my way of understandin' that the Woke Generation - you know, them sleepy bums what stroke their phones for a livin' - claim th' stance of gender equality to be their own moral high ground. That they are the first guys what allow their old ladies time at th' mic. But previous generations have always held broads in the highest of esteems, an' today's package of pulchritude honors three hot tomatoes which through dint of bein' swell-lookin' as well as exudin' man appeal went on to record albums wit' professional-type musicians!

Raunchy Rosie Vela was maybe not the world's greatest chantoozie but who's countin'? An' she wrote most of these swell tunes! Those guys out of Skeevy Dan are on hand to lay down some smooth studio chops on what is a fine lite-jazz-pop album [sounds like straight-ahead 'eighties synth pop with a little disco thrown in to me - Ed.].

Va-va-voom Valerie Carter's second album didn't bother the charts too much neither, in spite of every single session guy in L.A. checkin' out her ass in the studio. 

Cute n' curvy Kathy McCord, FoamFeatured antecedently when we was workin' Vegas, delivers some breathy pop-jazz-lite that slips down swell while you're chillin' with the chicks at th' Tiki Lounge!

It is my fondest hope that this feature, strictly Dedicated To Th' Dames, will establish once an' fer all the Woke Credentials of False Memory Foam©! 

(This post made possible in part through th' auspices of tremolo.)


8 comments:

  1. To qualify for this steamy three-way delight, simply guess the total number of session musicians required to make these albums!

    ReplyDelete
  2. π to the 10th power, or 9,3648.0474761 minus Becker and Fagen equals 93646.0474761

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is probably as near correct as we're going to get. I was going to count them over at discogs, but I already spent way too much time on this piece. I'm actually enjoying the Valerie Carter more than I thought I would - the absence of synths (which effectively destroy the well-thought-of Zazie for me) lets you hear the musicians, every one of them, and that's a sweet sound. James Newton Howard (he uses his middle name so we don't confuse him with James Einstein Howard) was incapable of anything even second-rate.




      Stealth Link >RIGHT HERE< (not).

      Delete
    2. I still regularly listen to that first Carter album.

      Delete
    3. Don't gots. Dame has a swell voice.

      Hey - I hear they moved you out of the state pen on account the other inmates complaining.

      Delete
    4. Yeah - I wanted to be in solitary confinement. So, I started coughing, snneezing, hacking and blurting out, "Don't ya worry about no jellyroll, I'm got those corona-virus blues." Now, I got the run of the joint.

      Delete
  3. @Farquhar Throckmorton III, agree with your assessments. Zazu was a minor hit in London when I worked there in the 80's, I don't remember it being so synth heavy, though.
    Got my 3D glasses on. Dames, Dope and Debauchery!

    ReplyDelete