Saturday, April 18, 2020

Ed's Treehouse Of Blessed Forgetfulness® Dept.

Ed relaxes in Treehouse Of Blessed Forgetfulness, yestiddy
Older readers - that's you, pally - have evinced scant concern for Ed, False Memory Foam©'s elderly Sub-Editor-In-Chief, who swam from th' House O' Foam© in bosky downtown Las Vegas to th' Fabulous Isle O' Foam© here in mid-mid-pacific. We thought we'd address this concern, scant tho' it be, by giving youse an update on his situation.

This interview was conducted via the latest T.C.S®. [tin can and string - Ed.] technology connecting surfside H.Q. and T.B.F.®.

FT3: (U-Tube unboxing video voice) Hey guys! Wassup!
Ed: Haw! You know this piece is going to get zero hits, Farq?
FT3: Tell the Four Or Five Guys© about the T.B.F.®.
Ed: Had to deforest half the island to build it!
FT3: Wasn't he Bones in Star Trek?
Ed: It's better than that dumpster you made me live in, leastways. I gots everything a guy could want up here ... seltzer ... homogenized salami ... some books ... and a lamp made out of the island's only surviving Pin-Toed Flamingo.
FT3: Great to see your concern for ecology made it out here intact, Ed! Say - what's that you're reading?
Ed: [PRODUCT PLACEMENT ADVISORY] Why, it's Helium, Farq, the swellest story what was ever wrote! At once hilarious and heartwarming, Helium is a white-knuckle thrill ride of emotions and feelings! You'll laugh at its snappy one-liners! Cry at the inherent tragedy of man's existential alienation! Throw up -
FT3: (cutting in) What's that I hear spinning on th' treehouse Victrola, Ed?
Ed: It's the blues.
FT3: I thought you eschewed the genre on account which depressing?
Ed: D'oh! Blue Jug, and Blue Mountain Eagle. Solid sub-strata rock for the geologist in all of us.


... and we are all of us, in a very real sense, living in the crawlspace of Ed's treehouse, and leave us not forget it.

15 comments:

  1. Qualify for this swell package by stating in ten words or less why Acme Veeblefetzer Corp. answers your veeblefetzer needs more than any other veeblefetzer manufacturer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to rain on your parade but Cogswell's Cosmic Cogs makes vastly superior veeblefetzers and potrezebies at a much more reasonable price than Acme. Acme still has the market cornered on anvils though! I understand your need for corporate underwriters in these economic challenging days so I promise not to speak poorly of your sponsors from now on.

      Delete
  2. They make fine doo-hickies and thinguhmuhjigs, yes sir!

    Signed,

    Billy Gates of the Double X' Ranch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a sad indication of the times we live in that this will probably be the best - maybe the only - competition entry we get. It is with a heavy heart, Bill, that I award you today's First Prize.



      Stealth Link.


      Delete
    2. Thank you pardner - but you lighten that heart now. Sometimes folks is just plain shy and didn't think they could compliment your learnin' and jokes. Me, I ain't got the fear I recon, I'm just an ol' cow poke, and don't know no better.

      Signed,

      Billy Gates of the Double X' Ranch.

      Delete
    3. You're a Four Or Five Guy©, Bill, and very welcome on th' Isle O' Foam.

      As fer book-larnin', I wus expelled from skool at 17, an' spent th' rest of my life avoidin' employmink, at which I wus largely successful.

      Delete
    4. So that's where the work-repellent went to...

      Delete
  3. Acme features the absolute best potrezebies and veeblefetzers in the gizmo industry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Private Note exclusively AND uniquely for FiveGunsWest:

      I'd like to catch up with you about something. I was
      going through some of the older pages and finally
      noticed the response you'd posted for me months ago.
      So: Thank you very much for that follow-up. If I
      failed to reply at the appropriate time, and in the
      appropriate location, that was only because I'd
      missed the memo to begin with.

      Thanks, too, for posting the Ophelias material,
      which I'm finding to be quite ambitiously varied.
      (It clearly reveals something about my sensibilities
      that, while I do enjoy a lot of the originals, the
      track which absolutely floors me, ineffably so, is
      the version of "Love Is Pleasing.")

      By the way, the closest I've ever gotten to Landers,
      at least so far, would probably be Sky Village. I
      hope to visit those other sites after everybody's
      allowed out of the house.

      Delete
    2. Oops! "Teasing" -- not, of course, "Pleasing."

      Delete
  4. Sorry, Farq. Been packing and today's moving day. Be back once the move is completed.

    ReplyDelete