Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Ron Burgundy's Jazz Flute University

Dean Burgundy with some of the faculty at the prestigious opening ceremony, yesterday

In what promises to be an exciting new feature at Th' House O' Foam©, media celebrity Ron Burgundy® will be sharing course work from the curriculum of his Jazz Flute University (Pork Bend, Fla.).

"That's right, jazz students!" he said yesterday, "You won't get the advantage of sweaty one-on-one tutorials with faculty members, but you'll get a valuable introduction to my passion! Don't act like you're not impressed!

Charles Lloyd was a great hero and a personal friend. I taught him so much. I inspired his late sixties albums on Atlantic even before I was born. I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal. People respect me. Jazz people. Black people. Although Charles isn't black. I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my flute smells of Sting's vagina."

Dean of Faculty Burgundy kindly donated today's albums, recorded during the same concerts at San Francisco's Fillmore West (don't look for it, it's not there any more). 

EDIT: At the request of hundreds (Irving Hundreds, Flatbush NY) here's a bonus disc for those of you brave enough to dip your toes into Lloyd's Warm Waters. Al Jardine didn't make it to the cover, but he's here too.



10 comments:

  1. That blows about the Fillmore. Wonder if John Lee Hooker's Boom Boom room is still there near it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're going to San FranciscoJanuary 21, 2020 at 9:25 PM

    I think the building is still there (or it was the last time I drove by there). There is still a Fillmore concert venue though. Not sure if it's the same location. https://thefillmore.com/calendar/

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you're going to San FranciscoJanuary 21, 2020 at 9:26 PM

    And the Beach Boys were involved with Charles Lloyd at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah yeah, now we're talkin'! Love me some groovy psychedelic flute. Hit me with your Rhythme stick Farq!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. If you're going to San FranciscoJanuary 22, 2020 at 11:01 AM

      Thanks, FT3.

      Delete
  6. That's bizarre, I just got interested in Charles Lloyd last week, read up a bit and downloaded these albums from various places...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sh!t, I thought it said Ron Jeremy.....not a blue vein flute............oh, well. I'm in character here........so don't go taking me seriouly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That Warm Waters record was about half really good and half really bad. Well, you know what they say.

    ReplyDelete