Friday, September 13, 2019

Powerpoprock

Stanky Brown ! Crazy name, crazy guys. You may have never heard of them, but they released three major-label albums in the mid-seventies, opened for major headline acts, supported their families, and had a fine old time doing it. As far as I know, they still live locally to each other, get together for gigs, and still have a fine old time. Life should be so good for us, right?


The music is an upbeat tune-fest, not striving for Angst nor Art (hey - dese are Noo Joizy boys!), and they can help you with that good time you're not quite having if you let them.

There was a reunion album which I'll post if the comments flicker above the flatline response I've been getting from you deadbeats. Jeez. I know you have mailbags to sew, but yeesh ... wave from the window or something.

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I've lived my life as a support act! Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Farq, you haven't steered me beyond recovery yet. I'll try the Stank. Gracias!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're not about to change your life, but they're part of the "support act" culture that brought a lot of pleasure to a lot of people. Kind of like B movies, when they existed. Good stuff to be discovered and enjoyed for what it is.

      Delete
  3. thank you.i had a choice between stanky brown and michael stanley in the record store,i'm glad to be able to check the one i missed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What kind of record store is that? Next they'll be giving you a take-it-or-leave-it on a Helen Reddy/Freddy Fender option.

      Delete