Monday, September 23, 2019

My Country Rock Psoriasis Hell - Mother

A bounteous harvest from the fertile furrows of Country Rock Country to boost your fiber intake! Yes, dear friends, your musical diet is important. Millennial music is thin fare, lacking both nutrition and flavor. Sure, what it says on the box can be mighty impressive, but for real nourishing goodness and vibrant flavor, and that mmm-appetizing country kitchen aroma, insist on music made before 1975. Ish. Yes, for locked-in freshness, you can't beat Original Country Rock, the music that never passes its best before date!


Hailing from the year of Peak Country Rock, 1971, these swell dishes will go down a treat at your next clambake or hootenanny! The Rio Grande album features Pia Zadora on ondes martenot, and was awarded the prestigious Hiram Gumfoot Award For Terminal Obscurity. Boondock & Balderdash were Siamese twin hosiery models before breaking into the Pop Music Industry with their regional hit Popsicle Pie Baby.

Both albums have been lovingly remastered by the legendary Irving Forbush from the original eight-track tapes. The soundstage is immersive and dimensionally convincing. The highs are bright without being shrill, the lows rich, deep, and satisfying, while the mids are left to fend for themselves. My work here is done.

A spin o' th' propeller beanie to Lupine Assassin for Rio Grande!

7 comments:

  1. Dear Farquhar,

    I bought the Rio Grande album in 1973, and I reckon I was just about the only person in the UK who had it. To see it here transports me instantly back to those dear dead days.

    Thank you again

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you use a mouse - if you get my meaning - for your computer when you wrote up Rio Grande?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I rowed up Rio Grande on a mouse I'd be a darn fool, wouldn't I?

      Delete
  3. Thankee for this lovely crock pot. In the immortal words of Ms. Zadora, Farquhar "ain't like no other man ... he never forced me into anything. He loves me."

    ReplyDelete
  4. And again, if it's not too much of a bother I'd appreciate an updated link. Sounds like stuff that's right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah! "Mouse" - Finally an inside joke I got.

    Those guys just did the best Dylan fake/rip off/homage ever

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqmzLgoWl3w

    Listening to this album, I thought "Hell, I remember 'Me and My Wife'. Must be a classic country rock tune that these guys also covered. Who did it originally, Pure Prairie League?" Turns out I had this tune on a British country rock sampler for 20 years, and in the one and only version by, you guessed it, Rio Grande.

    ReplyDelete