Saturday, September 21, 2019

My Nite Of Taboo Lust With Michelle Phillips

Never happened. Oh, she begged, she sobbed, she fell to her knees tearing the costly silks from her troubled bosom. But for naught! No, Michelle, I said firmly, a look of stern resolution on my finely-chiseled pan, it cannot be. I am High Llama at this lofty monastery here in cloud-capped Koreatown. Many celebrities, many beautiful women, prostrate themselves at my feet, offering their bodies and other unimaginable favors. This is not about selfishly assuaging your base desires, as urgent as they may seem. Take a ticket and get in line.

Unwilling to wait, Michelle sublimated her desire for me (hey - she's flesh and blood) by throwing herself into the creation of her solo album, Victim Of Romance (the song's about me, btw, as was Carly's You're So Vain). A gorgeous piece of work - and the album's darn swell, too. This version has most, but I think not all, the extra tracks, including Forever. If you have others - post 'em up, ya lazy slob! Give a little back! A shame she never recorded another album - maybe its baffling lack of commercial success dissuaded her. She seems easily dissuaded (never came back for my Karmic Chakra Readjustment Experience© at the Koreatown 24/7 Llamistery And Carwash). Her loss.

5 comments:

  1. I can't believe how good this is. And the blog as well. Do you write for a living? You can turn a phrase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank 'ee kindly. Yes, I've avoided real work for three decades by harnessing the mystic power of Wordage. Once it made me well-off, and now it makes me poor. Such is the fickleness of th' Muse. Check the sidebar (maybe not visible on a phone) for more hi-toned literary endeavor. And consider yourself one of the four or five guys!

      Delete
  2. Wow! What a treat! Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You seem to have a slightly different version to mine, as yours includes Forever and mine doesn't. What I do have are 2 other tracks (vintage and provenance unknown) viz. PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH and HAD A LOT OF LOVE LAST NIGHT. I also have John's demo (I think) of ALOHA LOUIE. (Which reminds me, many thanks for THE MAN WHO FELL soundtrack, of which I was previously ignorant.) I also have a few extra cuts by Denny, not on the album you posted, (though I can't remember which ones were included of the ones I have, if that makes sense, which it probably doesn't).I have no way of posting these things on ther internet, but am more than happy to send them you via e-mail, if you wish.

    ReplyDelete