Thursday, October 3, 2019

Staff News

Cody, in happier times
I have the solemn duty to inform the Four Or Five Guys who constitute the FMF© diaspora that long-term intern Cody has been summarily relieved of her duties and told to clear her desk.

She admitted responsibility for adding superfluous tracks to a recent upload of the Harpers Bizarre As Time Goes By album, causing sambgodot unnecessary inconvenience and embarrassment at his Elks Club meet.

"You've let yourself down, and you've let FalseMemoryFoam© down," I admonished her. "We simply cannot tolerate a shoddy and slapdash attitude to Customer Service. Stop crying. You brought this upon yourself and must face the consequences. One day you'll thank me for this wake-up call. I wish you well in whatever you choose to do next, but don't look to me for a reference."

I assure you, the Four Or Five Guys, that this lamentable lapse in service quality has been addressed vigorously and transparently, and that the excellent standard of excellence for which Th' House O' Foam© has become a byword in swank society worldwide will soon reach even more excellent standards of excellence.

Thank you.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I think a healthy dish of being the bigger man and showing compassion in this case is called for. Cody won't survive on her own in the mean streets. How would she ever pay for those skimpy outfits. Think of the viewers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm. Well, bowing to the massive popular pressure - I think one comment carries considerable proportional weight - I decided to reinstate Cody with immediate effect.

      Never let it be said that FMF© treads roughshod over the Will of Th' Workin' Stiff.

      When informed of the good news, Cody fell to my feet in gratitude, paring my toenails with more than usual reverence and intoning her favorite verses from Jonathan Livingston Seagull.

      Delete
  2. I am so glad you have reconsidered, it would have caused me untold grief and sleepless days had she been cast out into the wilderness like some unclad scapegoat. Parsons and Hillman would have been devastated also, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I think this has been a ballet for everyone. A ballet of emotions and feelings." - Plato

    Never has a blog post excited so many page views as this. It's clear the humanitarian aspect has warmed the hearts of you all, and you should give yourselves a pat on the back for your altruism, your Christian charity, your sheer good-heartedness. In these times of troubled times, it's to your credit - and to humankind's - that the fate of one has been a concern to many. The quality of mercy here at Th' House O' Foam© "is not not strain'd, It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven." (Trini Lopez)
    (Pmac - your selfless offer to administer discipline appeared twice, in your enthusiasm to help, and in deleting one they both disappeared. But be reassured I have the matter firmly in hand.)

    And now, if you'll excuse me, I think I have something in my eye ... *snurfle* ...

    ReplyDelete