Sunday, October 13, 2019

Millennial Music News

Boduf Songs (me neither) have a new album out! Oboy! It's called Abyss Versions, and here's some highlights culled from its accompanying text! Just in case you're wondering, this is not a parody.

... songs are stripped bare and trembling ... whispery nakedness. Existential angst binds the album together ... begins in a vortex and ends in a void ... not just thematically but with a palpable shiver ... alienated, evocative, full of murmured violence ... a scream that is sighed ... disquieting ... extremes of horror, despair and dystopia ... one isolated lonely voice, musing on how “fingers break, flowers fall.” Let the chill run down your spine, let the melancholy linger, Abyss Versions speaks to your quietest, deepest doubts.

Some fun, huh? I wonder what they'll pull for the single? Call me old-fashioned, but I preferred it when album sleeves detailed what the group liked in the way of girls and food. Not for the first time, I have to ask myself what is wrong with these people? They seem to have entirely lost the idea of music as entertainment, and entertainment as a business like any other - best left to professionals.

Normal service resumed later in the day.

2 comments:

  1. I had to listen to this. The first three tracks anyway. Somnambulant. His previous album is 'Stench of Exist'. I'll hazard a guess that's not one for the dance floor, either.

    ReplyDelete