Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Gwyneth Paltrow's Psychedelic Pspa

Th' Goopster, yesterday
Lovely Gwyneth Paltrow [left - Ed.] is justly celebrated for her work with Dream Catcher technology and sustainable kelp face-packs, but few know of her love for late-sixties psychedelic music! A long-time lurker at Th' House O' Foam©, she agreed to be interviewed at her Holistic Healthfulness Yurt on the outskirts of picturesque Bakersfield, CA., overlooking the disused tuna cannery.

FMF©: Swell yurt you got here!
GP: It was ethically created by my Estonian orphans from shade-grown polymers.
FMF©: Excellent. I know you have an album you want to share, but I'd like to hear about your time with The Police.
GP: It was all a misunderstanding. She told me she was-
FMF©: You had that big hit, uh, Roseanne? (sings in high-pitched voice) You don't have to switch on the red light!
GP: (laughs) Oh that! A long time ago. I've moved on since ...
FMF©: And you had quite the solo career! That Concert For World Hunger singing with the dugongs off Fernando Po. Air-lifting your albums to those jungle dudes in Brazil, with your CDs in their lips. Your brave advocacy of tantric sex education for schoolgirls. Is there anything else you feel a burning desire to address?
GP: Yes. Fans - especially women of a certain age - old - of Engelbert Humperdinck. They are a form of eugenic pollution that should be erased from the world.
FMF©: Can we talk about the album?
GP: It's a wellness tool at my Psychedelic Pspa.
FMF©: Don't stand so, don't stand so, close to me!
GP: It's by Hendrickson Road House, and-
FMF©: Massage in a bottle! Hahahahaha! 
GP: Okay. I'm requesting closure on this interview. (calls out) SECURITY!



9 comments:

  1. I guess I understand about 80%-maybe even 85% of the english language, but it seems the english in this "Gwyneth Pathrow-interview" was mostly in that last 15-20% era, so it largely went over my head. Or, maybe I just don't know enough about Gwyneth... loved the album though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gee, that's a damn shame, because they're th' best words in th' piece!

      Delete
  2. Farq, that was hilarious!! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gwyneth Paltrow, Sting,...…………………………. oh, my fracking ears!!!!!
    But, with that interview, I'll give it a listen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your (ab)use of gender pronouns in this interview offensively binary. This artist clearly transcends your narrow understanding of identity as demonstrated in their diverse oeuvre of music, theater, cinematic arts, and bold "life as art" choices. Anyone who can write lyrics like "De do do do, de da da da" AND inhabit such complex, conflicted, emotionally rich roles as "Pepper Potts" deserves more respect. SHAME!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yawning Angel sez...

    I laughed, I cried. My mates where I worketh are looking at me strangely. Well done, sir!

    ReplyDelete