Monday, October 14, 2019

Birthday Boners

Yeppers! It's my birthday! To mark this auspicious occasion, th' House O' Foam© offers a couple of swell recordings you'll be proud to display in den or lobby!

We have to thank Fourth Or Fifth Guy Scott1669 for the heads-up to the Smithsonian Legacy Recording At The Waleback by Robbie "The Werewolf" Robison. Who he? Hoo hah? He was married to Barbara/Sandy/Sandi Robison [see Roses Gone - Ed.], and after honing his showbiz chops as the US's premier (and possibly only) beatnik monster comedy folksinger he joined the innerezdingk band The Brain Train, which morphed into the awesome Clear Light. But after he left. Hmm.


Completing today's exquisitely tasteful boners bouquet of song is Patrick Sky's immortal classic Songs That Made America Famous, and you really should audition this one alone, too. Which won't be a problem if you're in solitary, of course. I'm a-skeered to even type out some of the song titles from this biscuit, but if you want something to sweep away those Millennial Blues, this will work against the woke.

Happy Birthday to me!

14 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, maybe Cody will give you a very special present.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Mr. III -- Happy Birthday, and thanks especially for Robbie "The
    Werewolf" Robison. (The Patrick Sky's been a favorite of mine for years.) One of the two words in your heading confused me just a little, but then I realized it must be an allusion to the way you've been cranking 'em out these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Ed's fault. I usually dictate my posts poolside for him to transcribe later in his walk-in dumpster duplex behind th' House O' Foam©, and he wilfully changed my "bonus" to "boners". I may have to kick th' bum out. It's impossible to get good staff these days.

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday to you and to me as well (no.69, though my descending into dementia 91 year old mother asked me if I was 50.....if only....)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!!!!!!
    Glad to see the greatness (?) of Mr. Werewolf on these fine pages!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HBD & Another Revolution, OttF! thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Belated birthday greetings Farq! Thanks for all the effort you put into this place, the music, fun and vibes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the birthday cards. Every time the sun "comes up again" we have something to celebrate, or at least be thankful for. Here at th' House O' Foam©, which is nothing but the shadow of a mirage but as real as a brick, it's everybody's birthday all the time, and the candles are never blown out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Belated Birthday Mr. Farquhar Throckmorton III, III! Just finally got my phone charged back up at the local Capital One Cafe (not like your father's bank!!!) so I apologize for my conspicuous absence during these tumultuous times at the HoF.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very belated greeting on your natal return.

    ReplyDelete