Saturday, October 12, 2019

Roses Gone

Sandy Robison sang with FMF© faves The Peanut Butter Conspiracy. This collection of recordings featuring the PBC was released with the world's worst cover a few years back. I can't even bring myself to post it, it's so damn ugly. So I done did a new one, and changed the title an' everything. You'll groove to its sunshine pop vibe.


Peggy Lipton starred in TV's hip The Mod Squad, and made a bunch of swell recordings, too. Much later, she made a surprise appearance in Twin Peaks. The roses were gone for her as a child, but remember her this way, as a blurred Kodachrome summer.

Peggy and Sandy, th' House O' Foam© thanks you. Drop by any time.

11 comments:

  1. Thank you for sunshine girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I guess that should be #metoo -- I'm not a tweeter (but a hell of a squealer!)

      Delete
  3. Thanks! I'm really into the very gentlest, sunshiniest music for the time being. While most online reviewers, commenters etc seemingly never get enough of those fuzzguitars in every single song, nowadays I much prefer those "sappy strings" and gorgeous vocal arrangements. I guess Peggy Lipton ain't the technically greatest vocalist ever, but her voice is just naturally pleasant - most of the time.

    Anyway, my mp3's of Memories Of A Golden Weekend, Hands Off The Man, It Might As Well Rain Until September and Wasn't It You - are all under one minute long (+ Who Needs It is only half the song as well). Did something go wrong "locally" or is it something wrong with the original files?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see now that Memories... actually is that short, but not the rest.

      Delete
    2. It's Cody's fault, again. She uploaded the faulty Complete Ode Recordings instead of the album, which is here.

      I have decided to terminate her internship. Staff news to follow.

      Delete
    3. Cody may not be very good at uploading but I've noticed she has other qualites.

      Delete
  4. Sandy was married to Robbie The Werewolf Robison also......making her that much better....(didn't really have the time or the energy to look if you have previewed Robbie The Werewolf Robison's fine album......)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peggy was no slacker in the music biz... she married Quincy Jones after all..

    ReplyDelete