Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Play "Who's In My Box?" With TV's Elizabeth Montgomery! - Dept.

"Can I be in your band?"
You'll know Elizabeth Montgomery from her role as Corabeth Godsey in TV's long-running series The Brady Bunch, but few know she's something of an authority on "psychedelic" rock, the teen craze that's sweeping the nation!

That's right! Luscious Liz owns over twenty "psychedelic" rock albums, and regularly "trips out" to their swingin' now sounds!

When I dropped by her "pad" on LA's happening Melrose Strip recently, she 'fessed up to wanting to appear in our popular Who's In My Box? feature. In fact, she already had someone in her box!

In an exciting upgrade from previous shows, we're asking you, Mr. John Q. Public of Lovely Your Area, to recognize who's in Ms. Montgomery's box by identifying the following lyric. So put your ear to her Magic Box and tell us who's in there! Are you ready already! Hoo boy!

"All is quiet in the make-believe of business and success, and you've decided you've got time to take a ride ..." 

Edit: No clear winner this time - JKC obviously knew but very sportingly left it for someone else to name - well done, Hermann! 71.8 Foampoints© added to your account! Link in comments.

13 comments:

  1. Well, it must be five minutes already, and nobody's got the right answer, so I'm going back to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like Ray Davies, though it's muffled I thought I heard him say "Help me find my keys and we'll drive out"

    Cheers,
    obey-gravity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seven minutes in, and we have the wrong answer already! I mean, there are beaucoup of wrong answers, but this is a pretty good one of its type.

      No clues yet.

      Delete
  3. I remember it was in a spoken intro to something about a dame going through a gate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob (who's in Vancouver right now) demonstrates his Mystic Powers Of Memory with this, the first clue. Kudos!

      Delete
    2. “All is quiet in the make believe of business and success, and you’ve decided you’ve got time to take a ride. But exactly where you’re going can be anybody’s guess, because the only place you’re going, is your mind.”

      Delete
    3. Yup.

      It's a pretty good album. Listening to it as I type.

      Delete
  4. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzQ8RO1Ig4M

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm...... late to the party, but my guess was two dicks (there were two different actors who played her husband, but they never explained the obvious difference in their appearances, and both actors had Dick as their first name)???

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've got a Downturn Hobby.

    Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just so long it doesn't become a Downtown Habit.

      Delete
    2. I've heard of the British TV series (aired endlessly on U.S. PBS) "Downtown Crabby," but not any of these others...

      Delete