Friday, November 5, 2021

Guess The Mystery Celebrity! Dept. With Clarence Pune

Clar and his new best bud! Photo - Weegee

Many, if not all, of th' Four Or Five Guys© brag unpleasantly about their brushes with the rich and famous! Here, Clarence Pune, who is from Canadia, corners us with his tale of a mid-air encounter with one of the great stars of this or any other age! Can you guess who it is, subscribers? Why not hazard a guess in the lively internet forum that is the comments section?

It was [drones Clarence Pune - Ed.] a flight from Vancouver to Los Angeles. Business class because a client was paying for it. I had the window seat. A short guy like me, who looked familiar, got settled into the next seat. Smart casual duds. Tinted glasses. Expensive briefcase. No real conversation until we were up and away. When the flight attendant asked if we wanted drinks, I got a gin and tonic and he said just tonic. He asked me if I was from Vancouver. Said he liked it. His voice confirmed my 99% suspicion of who he was. But being in the creative end of advertising [there's a creative end? - Ed.] I well knew that celebs appreciate a degree of privacy, so I didn't try to confirm my hunch.

I did ask him if he was from L.A. These days, he said, but originally from Iowa. We talked about news and he turned out to be quite an avid Democrat. So, we touched on politics and he veered the conversation back to Vancouver. He'd been there to visit the many art galleries.

Anyway, it's quite a short flight to L.A. Conversation flowed easily and friendly. I didn't tell him I often lusted after his wife. Getting off the plane he said he'd enjoyed talking. I said, "Me too, my redacted friend." He laughed and gave me a little punch that I'd known all along.

Yeah. It was 
redacted.

Some swell story, huh gang? Maybe you imposed yourself on a showbiz or sports celebrity and want to share the tale with us?

Anyways, the game here is fill in the redacted blanks - both of them, because the first is a clue to the second! Oboy! Some fun huh gang?!

23 comments:

  1. If you think you know who redacted is, leave a mystery clew in the comments! If you really have no idea and could care less, make a facetious suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breakfast song....French wife....The redacted Show ran from 1962–1971....Branson, MI....Friend of Robert F. Kennedy and his wife, Ethel Kennedy....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is there nothing that Babs don't know? or, to put it another way, is there something that she does?

      Baba wins today's Grand Prize, this handsome portrait of Estes Kefauver, painted on real Velvetene© in haunting Day-Glo™ colors! Framed in durable Champagne-finish Lucite, it's a swell heirloom piece for den or lobby that will excite the admiration and envy of your friends and creditors!

      Delete
    2. My favorite Tennessean!

      Delete
  3. Babs got there first, but Ima say he didn't like Spiders and turned out he didn't much care for Democrats either; claimed Obama was a Marxist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. don't usually associate Weegee with color photography, but a fine shot.

      Delete
    2. Weegee works exclusively for stock photo libraries today. That much-copied Woman Laughing At Salad? The original was his.

      Delete
  4. Methinks it were a Home Lovin' Man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to google that to finally get the answer. I know him best for the countless holiday comps he appears on.

      Delete
  5. For some reason there was a bear involved - pale copy of Laugh-In. And problems off-piste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can forgive the bear, but ... the Osmonds??

      Delete
    2. "Crazy Horses" was a great rock song.

      But that's about it.

      I once played it live...third from left...

      It might not have been in the right key for the vocals!

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0mA0D3ogcQ



      Delete
  6. Our 2 families had just checked into the Waldorf [NYC] circa 1965 and George Mackie & I [our moms had met in the maternity ward] were in the lobby soaking up the city bustle vibe... He nudged me and exclaimed "That was Trini Lopez!" --man who just walked by heading to the street. I didnt see the dude's face so was anxious to see if it was, but he was hurrying exit-ward, outpacing our pursuit. I cupped my hands and sang out "If I had a ham-mer...".... Trini looked around and smiled, waved!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had "Lonely Street" back then and oddly just played same song by Don Gibson. A bit better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cannot be Richard Branson. He flies from Singapore to London, First Class. I've personally witnessed this whilst proceeding to the economy area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rowan, if yer flying economy you have no right to use First Class woids such like "whilst". Or even "proceeding".

      Delete
    2. Ahhh, the benefits of a Secondary school education...

      Delete
    3. Did you know you can get an automatic upgrade to Business Class on presentation of your "A" Level certificates?

      Delete
  9. James T Kirk

    ReplyDelete