Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Buyer's Remorse Dept. - Tom Bosley Guests

We're lucky to have TV's Tom Bosley (TV's much-loved Howard Cunningham from the hit comedy TV show Happy Days) on board to guest-host our popular Buyer's Remorse© feature! Yes folks, when inspiration for a blog piece dries up entirely, and our enthusiasm for upping more Byrds and Little Feat is at a low ebb, we fall back on the services of a much-loved TV celebrity to tell us about albums they bought but, like, were remorseful about! Hoo boy! Some fun, huh, gang?

Tom was kind enough to swing by Th' House O' Foam© while in Vegas on (finger-waggle) "business". We relaxed poolside, sipping cocktails served by Cody, who giggled apologies for her informal appearance as her Foamette© uniform was "in the wash".


TB: Holy fucking crap! The ass on that gal!
FMF©: I guess. What albums you brung, Bosforth?
TB: Huh? Oh, right. Albums. Well, we got this, by Bamboo. It's on Elektra! How bad can it be? Answer - pretty damn. I don't have the heart to trash it, though. Could we get another drink?
FMF©: Bamboo is a stinker, somewhat. I don't think I ever played it to the end of side two.
TB: It has a second side? [laughter]
FMF©: Moving on?
TB: Yeah. Picked this puppy up from a Goodwill store, and it nearly exhausted mine, ha ha. I'm a label maven. Anything on Elektra, anything on Ardent. I trust these guys. But Cargoe ... it's okay. Maybe. I don't play it much. At all, really. A lot of people like it. They were hot live. But ... [shrugs]. Can we get Cody back here? With pretzels or something?
FMF©: Is it true that cocaine was the drug of choice on the Happy Days lot?
TB: Did I tell you about the time that Marion and Erin did a le- [tape ends].






13 comments:

  1. Don't know much (anything) about either of these, natch. But bonus points must surely be awarded to Bamboo for the sartorial elegance on display. Those guys could probably leave the bamboo curtains behind if they repurposed their collars for flight.

    As to Cargoe? Pants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Bamboo cover is great. It is foolishness to go further than that.

      Cargo pants!!! Lulzies!

      I'll wait for a request before I go to the back-breaking effort of shoveling these up into the dumpster of the internet.

      Delete
    2. That Bamboo cover reminds me of my chums Brewer & Shipley because:
      1. there's two of them
      2. their name begins with a "B"
      3. they look stoic.
      Witchi Tai To, Peanuts Molloy.

      Delete
  2. Unless someone steps up to the plate and asks to hear this stuff, I'm seriously reconsidering my largesse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please, link in the Bamboo piece. I know it sucks. I've got a crappy bootleg of it. But they lived up here (Hudson, NY) when they were cutting the LP in NYC so I used to see them in the local record shop once in a while. All memories aside, it still sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought you fired Cody?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Geez. Don'cha read the comments or what?

      Also plus too, we gots a new policy here at Th' House O'Foam© - unless youse guys ask, no uploads. It's our way of minimising our carbon footprint on th' diminishing resource of th' internets.

      Delete
  5. This is an actual unironic (I think) comment from Bamboo's YewTewb appearance:

    "Bamboo and Folk '65 could well be Elektra's best LP's--and, given that Elektra put out terrific albums by Love and by The Doors,that is saying a lot."

    "A lot"? A lot of crap. But this is encouraging; there's always someone who will claim that The Beach Boys' best album was the NASCAR one (and don't ask - I trashed it years ago).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're wondering about the reference to "Folk 65", I assume they mean this one: https://www.discogs.com/Various-Folksong-65/release/2765305. Not a bad collection, actually.

      Delete
  6. Oh lawd. As a young teen, I had those striped pants that are on display on the Bamboo album cover. If memory serves right, I considered them lucky since that is what I wore the night I lost my virginity. Backseat of a '66 Ford Fairlane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Fairlane seat is now an exhibit at the False Memory Foam Memorial Museum Of Memory©, although the pants are long lost.

      Delete
  7. While I was happy to donate the backseat, my generosity ceased at that gesture. The pants are hanging in my closet, and have never been washed since that night......

    ReplyDelete