Saturday, November 30, 2019

Siegfried And Roy Give Birth To Baby Tiger, Talk About Obscure Concept Albums

Proud parents!
These guys are neighbors of mine here in fragrant downtown Las Vegas, NV. I knew they'd been trying for the longest time to have a family, but when they gave birth to a baby tiger I was as surprised as they were. 

I kept my distance when I visited the proud new Pop n' Dad down at The Mamie Van Doren Memorial Veterinarian Hospital. Those claws can be sharp! (And I didn't trust the tiger cub, either).

S&R: Well hey there, neighbor!
FMF©: Gee! Dat's some hairy baby youse guys gots! 
S&R: We are truly blessed.
FMF©: I brung yez some pickles.
S&R: And we have a couple of albums for you, sweetcakes! Life Is But A Dream, by Wichita Fall, and Miss Butters, by The Family Tree. They're both from '68, which we've always thought of as Peak Concept. The Family Tree was an early Bob Segarini project, and Wichita Fall was an LA band whose album got the most lavish orchestral arrangements! We thought they'd find a home at Th' House O' Foam©. 
FMF©: Dat's swell. Well, I guess I better be goin'.
S&R: Toodles! Thanks for the pickles!

If you have more information - even made-up shit - on these albums then please do feel free to make a comment. If you have any Siegfried N' Roy stories, also too.





5 comments:

  1. Sorry I have nothing to add to the lore of Wichita Fall or the development of Miss Butter.
    Nonetheless I'd like to thank you chaps for the most entertaining, esoteric blog on 60s music out there. Hope to do a b#ng hit or two around the stereo with you guys sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to the proud parents -- I knew there was more to the story of Roy's "rough housing" with those cute kitties

    ReplyDelete
  3. These recordings are farqing good!

    Rick is also a member of The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, Inducted by John Fogerty in 1987

    When I was in my early teens (circa 1961), Rick was a teen heartthrob to my older sister and her friends, and seen weekly on the television sitcom "The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet". My sister had Rick's single of "You Are the Only One", which her and her friends played endlessly, the flip side was (believe it or not) was a cover of Kokomo Arnold's "Milk Cow Blues".

    ReplyDelete