Monday, December 9, 2019

Three A.M.

Insomnia! I gots it! Who needs it? Why do I wake up worrying about shit I barely give a thought to the rest of the day? Also - I dialog. I play through scenes of stress - both past and future - giving myself the best lines. When I realise I'm "looping", I fumble with my iPod Touch (one great thing about living in the future) and dial up an old radio show on an internet. Jack Benny, Duffy's Tavern, Dragnet - three great things about living in the past. I used to listen to sleepy ambient music, but like any drug it lost its potency.

If I'm still awake I get up, take a piss, pet the house dog - always restorative - have an Old Person's Beverage and check my email and FMF©. Nothing of note accomplished, I shuffle back to bed, the world much as it was.

Everything is nuts when you think about it.

9 comments:

  1. It can't be easy running the empire that is the House-o'-Foam -- carrying the entire blogo-sphere on your shoulders as it were! Maybe Cody should put in some overtime and massage those weary muscles for you when your up worrying how to satisfy your loyal but finicky followers? Give your dog a pet on the head for me and thank you for your tireless efforts to keep the internet entertained and enlightened!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. errrr you're that is as in you're highly refined taste in music demonstrates your a fine and cultured gentleman.

      Delete
    2. MrDave - there's an unexpected vacancy for a Scrimshaw & Whittling Correspondent here - would that interest you? What skill set could you bring? Where do you see yourself in five years' time?

      Delete
  2. https://www.itinerariesofahummingbird.com/e-m-cioran.html
    [the poet of insomnia, a fave wordsmith]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... can this be th' esteemed ex-Faltonian ge?

      Delete
    2. 'Tis I, but a messenger of that interview which is a doozie, next time you toss & turnin', do give it a gander

      Delete
  3. Ah,,Farq- the wonders of the 3am elderly house jaunt. The good news for me when this occurs, is that I have prime, live entertainment courtesy of the crack house located across the street. "It's 3am and while I'm tweaking, Ill,clean out the garbage cans."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the kind of "you are there" commentary you only get from the Four or Five Guys.

      Delete
  4. I have been trying to give you a half a gig of old rehearsal tapes, small gigs, and early studio demos of a band I was in called the Ophelias..........for a subsequent post........ https://www106.zippyshare.com/v/Z4uEqBJ3/file.html

    ReplyDelete