Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Little Boots (part 1)

There's a whole slew of Little Feat bootlegs sizzling quietly on my digital griddle and I'll be slopping them onto the tin plate of the internet every so often. Never the most industrious of bands, they were content to play the same setlist at nearly every gig, with minor exceptions. This is because writing and learning new songs is hard work, and they had twenty million better things to do with their time, like fulfilling their drugs n' sex quota and then sleeping it off in the shade. The Feat and The Dan are like a couple of brothers. Steely Dan went to college and got a law degree and a Beamer. Little Feat goofed off and worked in the auto shop when they needed money for dope. Steely Dan floated silver bowls of coke in the infinity pool overlooking the bay. Little Feat filled the project GTO with bong smoke. I miss them both like air. They stretched the sixties into the seventies and shared their too much fun* with the rest of us, out here on the fractal fringe of the fun zone.

This is (I think) from '74, the Santa Monica Civic. Odd songs of note: Eldorado Slim and Chevy '39. Quality is perfectly listenable - I don't keep shitty audience recordings - and I like to think Lowell would have got a chuckle out of my nuanced cover art. I got nuance out the ass.

*Millennials! Ask a grown-up what fun was!

5 comments:

  1. If there is, it ain't showing here, is it? Unless track nine is track eight. That's possible - even likely. Cody probably got the track numbering screwed up. I'll have a word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Feat/Dan brother analogy. And that cover: Artistic as shit, man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank'ee, Mr Ing! We sure gots class out th' ass here at th' House O' Foam©!

      Delete