Thursday, October 3, 2024

Susanna Hoffs Presents The Best Band You Never Heard Dept. - Elephant Stone

In rarely-seen image, Ms Hoffs aligns chakras in mystic Tibetan ritual!

Well okay, the th' Four Or Five Guys© are well versed in contemporary psych-rock, and there may be roughly three of 'em who've heard of this swell combo. Even they (the goddamn pencil-neck know-alls) will probably find something in this Bumper BlisterPak™ what they ain't gots.

Sultry, pouting Susanna Hoffs is no stranger to the scented shores of th' IoF©, in fact it's hard to get rid of the doll. When I let it slip I was going to FoamFeature© the Ellies - as absolutely nobody is calling them - she caught the next bathysphere out of Mandalay to host this very special Jangular Jamboree™!

We relaxed poolside whilst Kreemé served her signature Lighter Fluid n' Anchovy Smoothies and Susi waxed loquacious anent her favorite sitar-centric combo!


SH
Doesn't that girl own any clothes?

FT3 My apologies. Her bikini is in the wash. So! Elephant Stone!

SH I am like so digging this band! I can't understand why they're not huge? I mean, elephants are huge.

FT3 Stones can be huge, too. But then they're more like rocks.

SH And talking of rocks - this band does!

FT3 Okaayyy - (looks at watch) I think that's enough content. Nobody reads this crap, anyway. Susikins? I have to go wait in the lounge? Nothing personal. There's this killer sudoku I need to finish (rubs palms enthusiastically).

SH Oh - sure. Can you send Kreemé out with some snacks, maybe a quart of silicone lube and an oven mitt?

[Audio runs out at this point. Contact me for security footage - Ed. ]



This post made possible thru' grants from Concerned Confederate Couchfuckers, a non-profit used furniture logistics initiative out of Perineum, TN.


3 comments:

  1. Six albums plus mini-album from this band that fit right into the Paisley Underground Sound but arrived too late. Top-tier everything from the band that should have been as big as two large boulders. All you have to do is name one song that nobody should ever have to listen to again. I don't mean the worst track off so-and-so's album that you really hate, I mean "standard" songs covered by (possibly) hundreds of artists.

    My vote: (Oh) When The Saints Come Marching In

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I never have to listen to Hotel California again, but you do not mean that, you mean standards , any christmas song. from the modern standard All I want for christmas are your two front teeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christmas songs are exactly what I mean. Luckily, Christmas in Siam is altogether different and apart from looped music in the supermarkets (charmingly mispronounced Thai versions) there's nothing like the carpet-bombing of Yuletide melodies you get in the West.

      Delete