Saturday, June 19, 2021

Professor U. U. Gefiltefish Answers Your Questions Dept.

 

Regliar visitors will know The Professor as our "back room boffin" here on th' Isle O' Foam©. He's responsible for autoclaving bloated, rain-forest-destroying 320 rips down to a sustainable, shade-grown and ethically sourced 192. But "Uncle U.U." as he's affectionately known at th' IoF© also has impressively framed fake diplomas in philosophy, accordian repair, gynecology, and bovine husbandry

Left: Cody n' U.U. pitchered poolside, yestiddy!

For the first of what we're sure will be a popular feature featured among our many featured features, we coaxed Cody [28 my ass - Ed.] out of retirement to ax U.U. a question what he is is well-qualified to answer! Cody?

Cody: Hi guys! Wassup!

U.U.: Hi Cody! Which you gots a question-type query to ax of me, sweetcakes?

Cody: (jumping up and down excitedly): Ooh! Ooh! I got one!

U.U.: (chuckling indulgently): Go right ahead, young lady! Uncle U.U. is here to help!

Cody: (wrinkling nose thoughtfully) Uncle U.U. - what is truth? 

U.U.: Truth, Cody, was a rock band back in the 'sixties. Which they released a couple albums.

Cody: Gee, Uncle U.U.! You know, like, everything!

But does he, subscribers? Loaddown these philosophical-type long-playing L.P.s and discover - The Truths!


 

11 comments:

  1. If I shift around just right... there... it's almost mystical sitting with my thumb up my ass. You're a font of knowledge, Farq.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The truth is...
      I've never laughed at the word 'there...' ever in my life.
      Clarence, that was really smooth and literary!
      I laughed so hard...I might have broken my thumb.
      I'm all out of truth.
      Anybody headed to the market?

      Delete
  2. Good music - and that's no lie!

    https://workupload.com/file/zrzdfwXhGkV

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Farq -- your endorsement is good enough for me! Besides which I also get the satisfaction of knowing I'm doing my part to save the rain-forest!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your thanks, MrDave. The Truth "Of Them And Other Tales" is an incarnation (iteration, as The Young People are saying) of Van Morrison's Them, a swell, very Left Coast, guitar album with some nice psych touches. The other Truth I know nothing about, and can't even find on discogs right now.

      Delete
  4. Found this. Thanks for all the Truth(s)
    https://www.discogs.com/Truth-Truth/release/4117366

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Mr. Anonymous. I found the link later - sometimes discogs is a little counter-intuitive. The label released two similar psychy albums in the same year - this and Orange Sky, which is pretty good, too. The lack of musician credits for the Truth album make it look like a studio exploitation piece, but it's a good one. If anyone wants the Orange Sky album, jump up and down on the spot clapping your hands like a girl and shouting ME! ME!

      Delete
  5. (Clears throat) Mi Mi Mi Mi Mi.

    ReplyDelete