Saturday, February 1, 2020

Wilf Brimley's Crawlspace Collectibles Part The One

Wilf Brimley, altered states enthusiast
It's been a while since we visited Uncle Wilford, but when he sent his Cousin Willard over with a message clenched in his toothless gums we knew something was up at the Psychedelic Pshack®.

Here's that message in full:

Howdy, Farqington! Long time no see! Thought you might be interested in a stash of Mainstream albums - know you're a fan - found in the crawlspace. Sent Willard down there to hunt up back issues of Spicy Amputee Romance - for a friend - and he came up with a box of vinyl valuables that made me salivate like a hound on a 'coon hunt! Had to wring out the old 'tache! I'm sure they'll find a home at th' House O' Foam©. My regards to Cody! Yrs. W. Brimley Esq.

Although far from complete, Wilford's stash is pretty wantable, and it's in two parts, five albums per. That's the kind of bighearted largesse you just don't get at any other music blog. Also, Kelly assures me she's reasonably certain none of the downloads carry Corona virus, at least at a hazardous level. Why risk dying in agony from cynical music bloggers who seek to profit from global catastrophe?






13 comments:

  1. Rooting around in John Wayne Gacy's old crawl space looking for a clue, a link

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the download, Farqs, and good luck with your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks. He was one hundred years old, so it wasn't exactly unexpected! And we had a great relationship - nothing unsaid or unresolved.

      Although we should never say never, it may be the last time I go back to the UK. Haven't lived there for nearly three decades.

      Delete
    2. Wow - 100! My parents are still around; both in their late 80s and living on their own. Imagine the history that he witnessed. Peaceful thoughts for you and yours, mon frere.

      Delete
  4. running out of goats over here but thank you for this kind offering. hope everything goes well with your journey across the pond.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My condolences and thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. condolences....on that Freeport album, i know they were from Cleveland, and performed a pre-Raspberries Eric Carmen song called "I Need Your Lovin'" which isn't too bad!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have my condolences. It's been almost three decades since I lost my dad, but I still think of him every day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yawning Angel sez...

    I'm very sorry for your loss, Farq. Geez, 100! Be well, sir, and have a safe journey.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My sincere condolences. Have a safe trip and Be Careful out there.

    ReplyDelete