Saturday, July 25, 2026

Perfect Tens Dept. - Herb Alpert's Tijuana Brass!

Herb's "Going Places" in style! Gaston! Dos cervecas!!

 

It's a fair criticism that th' IoF© doesn't feature a whole lot of ethnic musics from the more diverse parts of the world. The Young People Of Today are properly respectful of Mongolian Nose Flute albums and Funeral Disco Chants From Tanzania, mainly because their own music is so shit they're prepared to give anything a try.

pmac in Seville, yesterday!

 

So it's in this spirit of benign cultural appropriation that the latest Perfect Ten features in our coveted Perfect Ten feature. Those of you alert enough to have read the title of this piece (and I'm taking nothing for granted these days) will already know who I'm talking about - go back and read it now if you're still in the dark. As an extra clue, I've used AI technologies to produce a pixel-perfect blurry reproduction of the original album sleeve [above - Ed.].

For why does this album garner musicdom's most coveted award? On account which there's nothing wrong with it, ya doofus. And boy, do those Spanish-type bossa rhythms ever cheer a guy up!

 

This post prompted by a laudable desire for inclusivity. 

3 comments:

  1. TWELVE (count 'em - 12!) NON-STOP PARTY HITS!!! THIRTY (count 'em - 30!) MINUTES!!!
    This, dear friends, is album perfection. We don't deserve to be this happy. I may not upload it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see what you did there....

    Also, my father, who by and large had excellent taste in music, loved Herb Alpert. Just sayin'

    ReplyDelete

If your comment doesn't immediately appear, it means Kreemé is checking the handwriting before passing it on to me. I'm a busy man and have no time to decipher crayoned scrawls.