Friday, July 10, 2026

The Olds Are The News Dept.







Ideas: super-celebs, NFT bored monkey, Banksy. Image search about five minutes, fooling around with filters, fonts - maybe fifteen, tops. Not over-thinking is a key Stones attribute. These wouldn't have flown as real designs, due to copyright/legal problems I'm not bothered by. I don't think that any of them is great, but they don't hurt the eyes as much as the original. The Stones have form in eye-wincing "bad taste" - Get Your Ya-Yas Out? Some Girls? Voodoo Lounge? Hackney Diamonds? Yikes and thrice yikes!

THIS JUST IN!

Famed Dutch fine artiste Koen got his crayons out, too!






55 comments:

  1. Waiting with bated breath...being from South Pouisiana, should that be baited breath?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just waiting with bad breath. -Muzak McM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will this be paper or digital or fake news?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excitement, anticipation, 32 degs+ and 84 years of age . . . can I last long enough to find it out before I croak?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some kind of literary Viagra
    Bat

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Stop the presses! Stop the presses!"

    As it took three hours to set up and calibrate the color plates, this had better be good....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I read about this in National Geographic last month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe someone picked up the movie rights to "selfies"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *laughs harshly, throws back tumbler of cheap rum, falls off stool*

      Delete
  9. Dude, I’m crosseyed and painless over here, and I'm still waiting
    I-I-I'm still waiting
    I'm still waiting
    I-I-I'm still waiting
    I'm still waiting
    I-I-I'm still waiting
    I'm still waiting
    I-I-I'm still waiting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. America Is Waiting
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMTi73h5B_U
      ~ Jon

      Delete
  10. Coming soon

    Coming VERY soon

    Won't be long now

    Almost Here

    And here it is!!





    Just coming...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Coming, Mother!! (courtesy of Firesign Theater)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was about to sing my procrastination blues. maybe now is not the right moment

    ReplyDelete
  13. No news is good news. Does that mean the absence of news - "no news" -is good news in itself? That the absence of bad news is good? Or does it mean that all news is bad news? Anyway. I've been narrowing my exposure to online news (the only place I see it), because there's that hideous face, every day. Is that news? Do I need to see his horrible head on that staggering, rotting sack of a body every day? To read the drivel he's been spouting - contradictory, foul, or just plain wrong - every day? What happened to news that didn't somehow involve this grotesque bloat?
    If there's no exciting news coming, something to make us happy, to make us look forward to getting out of bed tomorrow, I say the hell with news.
    Maybe it's the Rainy Season, and I'm a simple weather resonator, but gee whiz, for now I'm grabbing all the no-news I can, and treating it as good. Mug of instant in my hand. No-news is good news. Dumb dog Faro (pit bull/lab cross - can lick you to death) pulled up another plant in the night. No-news, good. Sun is up there somewhere, hidden behind a cloud. No-news, good. Satisfactory bowel movement, thank the nameless god responsible for that one. Jeans at the clothes market, forty baht.. Rice with crispy pork, watch this little bit of the world go by. Four girls on a scooter, hatless and laughing. Go for it. Breathing happening. Jungle growing.
    Who needs exciting, anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  14. But there's a new Stones album coming. The net sez its good, so...

    ReplyDelete
  15. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkOPoitvuC8

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... and here's the album in flac:
      https://workupload.com/file/vNGmzVtr5Yh

      Delete
    2. That's still a fantastic album, Farq!

      Delete
    3. Ain't it, though? First time I heard it, the bass and drums sounded so strong I was convinced they were well-seasoned (and probably black) session musicians - turns out it's Jeff Tweedy and his son?

      Delete
  16. Reporting in as Surbiton Steve (for a few weeks only!!) .. just to let ya' all know the Sun nrose again this morning!! .. rather early, too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For our American readers, Surbiton is a very rough area of Glasgow, the highest murder rate per capita in the UK. They wear face tatts, shaved heads, and wifebeater t-shirts all year round (and that's just the women).

      Delete
    2. And, its where I met Ms Pmac

      Delete
    3. We just had Oakland named most dangerous in California. On the other hand, the weather is FABULOUS in Oakland. Fog in the morning; we'll hit a high of 67F today (that's 19C to the civilized world). Also, the most dangerous really means what it means in most places: you go to buy drugs in the bad neighborhoods after midnight, you're likely to run into trouble.

      Delete
    4. ..'n I feel right at 'ome 'ere, dun'I !!!

      Delete
  17. Now gather 'round, this is quite great rolling overall, and over 60 minutes :

    https://pixeldrain.com/u/YEJFcH8S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Your link also "hidden" in exclusive new sleeve design feat. Naomi n' Mike!

      Delete
    2. Well, I ever, how sweet 'n' clever!

      Delete
    3. Bonustrack, iTunes exclusive (well, officially speaking) - 15. Bad Luck Hideaway, dropped by someone at https://plopcave.blogspot.com/ :

      https://fromsmash.com/YKwrXxtf-A-ft

      It's m4a @256 , so be it

      Delete
  18. Can't one merely purchase this? Or am I just an old fud-dud?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think anyone's actually preventing one from buying the physical media, Snorkers. You go right ahead.

      Delete
    2. If I do, it's when you design a better cover that THAT THING!

      Delete
    3. You were gonna do these ALL ALONG! Admit it, you hate the
      original art, same as me!

      Delete
    4. No, I wasn't. The original didn't bother me that much. I can imagine the band getting a bi' of a larf out of it,

      Delete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Farq, listening now to that acoustic Berry cover, Beautiful Delilah, excellent!
      But that album cover, Jesus, that's seriously ugly...

      Delete
    2. To be fair, so are they. It makes a change from seeing images of elderly pop stars slopped 'n shopped back to their youth. I love them for it!

      Delete
  20. An eminently worth cover which, as with all great art, truly reflects the modern world . . . ugliness abounding amidst the 98 per cent of low intellects in positions of power. As to the “music”, the least said the better.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Phantom Of The Rock OperaJuly 11, 2026 at 9:46 AM

    I see someone is gathering no moss then? Ta muchly and ta-ta coz I'm orfft to Amazon....

    ReplyDelete
  22. How did the voice of Mr. Jagger somehow, miraculously, get better and stronger than than ever before after eighty-some years of hard living? That'd be a neat trick, but I'm afraid this thing has the inhuman, poreless sheen of AI all over it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The snowflake ears over at the hoffman forum aren't detecting AI in his vocals, and they'd be all over it. They sound natural to me, which is good enough. He still moves on stage better than I could have at forty, and his voice sounds the same in interviews. Sometimes you have to accept the extraordinary, no matter how uncomfortable it makes you.

      Delete
    2. I mean, Keef is still alive, and not a hologram, for fuck's sake!

      Delete
    3. Not true, Farq! Keef died years ago, but was too stoned to realize that... Since then he has been happily zombie-ing along through life without anyone noticing anything strange.

      Delete
  23. I saw elsewhere another two alternative cover artworks for RS Foreign Tongues that for some reason featured the 2026 FIFA World Cup branding logo, now I don’t want to start any rumours, but a Rolling Stones gig before of after the Cup Final would make commercial sense, probably. The boss of FIFA will do anything for money.

    ReplyDelete

If your comment doesn't immediately appear, it means Kreemé is checking the handwriting before passing it on to me. I'm a busy man and have no time to decipher crayoned scrawls.