Thursday, September 3, 2020

Play "Who's In My Box?" With T.V.'s Joan Rivers! - Dept.

You'll know hilarious, outrageous comedienne Joan Rivers from her hilarious, outrageous appearances on daytime chat show clips on YouTube - or maybe you've been lucky enough to catch her "in the flesh" at one of Las Vegas' prestigious gambling clubs!

"We were getting ready to make love and my husband said, let me help you with the buttons, and I said, I'm naked! He wanted to make love with the light on, but I said, you shut that car door!"

All kidding aside, few know that Ms. Rivers is a keen collector of psychedelic vinyl! She houses her collection in a secure vault originally built for germ warfare, such is her concern for the preservation of this musical genre.

Yesterday, she opened her vault (to call it a "box" is misleading and insulting) to share her favorite obscurity. Download the sample I scraped from her vault wall, and see if you recognize who's in there!

 


18 comments:

  1. No idea who it is but I like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The whole album is swell. A one-off from 1970.

      Delete
    2. Is that Roethke's words there? 'I swear she cast a shadow white as stone' is one of those lines that gets pleasurable pulses going through the old cerebrum.

      No idea who's done the musical setting alas.

      Delete
  2. you got me on this one but it's damn good

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy, know idea. Sounds good though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a goodie, isn't it? I'll leave it a few hours to see if any of the other 4/5 guys gets it, and I'll give it it's own piece with a related album. Very interesting guy behind them both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Check your email. I'll be out of pocket the better part of today. But, Arif Mardin was def up in Joan's box!

      Delete
    2. We have a winnah!!

      Anyone else? pmac gave you a free clue ...

      Delete
  6. i have this one too, after checking my stuff, would you like a flac version of this lp i can show you a copy when i upload it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes please! I'll always opt for more when given the opportunity (but ain't too proud to take what's offered with gratitude)

      Delete
    2. Please do upload it in flac if you want to. I'll go ahead with the @192 anyway.

      Delete
  7. Got it - Side Show - "Carolyn"
    A bit of treacle...

    ReplyDelete
  8. https://www49.zippyshare.com/v/uL5dWaq2/file.html
    here you go thanks for making me listen to this once again
    a blast from the past 1970 what a great year

    ReplyDelete
  9. So the Gargle machine had it right, but put the date as 2004. Re-release? Any other details lacking. Sounds... okay? Sunshine pop? Steve Wynn's "Carolyn" not supplanted.

    ReplyDelete
  10. never did see the end of of Joan's Rabbit Test, my girl-friend-at-the-time decided to be highly offended and insisted we leave the theatre about a 1/2 hour into it.... and it never made it on any of the 3 networks as a movie of the week.

    ReplyDelete