Friday, June 14, 2019

Roger, Roger, Redux

For those digging the Roger Miller post (enjoying a frisky popularity here at th' Foam) here's scads more. Two swell collections on the defunct fan-created Warped "label", Chronological 1957-62 (Warped 5790) and Chronological 1962-64 (Warped 6401). Fifty-six tracks of Prime Miller Time. Yes, there's some duplication with the previous post but what the hey, right? Over, Over ...

EDIT: Thanks to Foamster Hermann, we now have the third and final volume in the Warped Roger Miller set. See comments.

10 comments:

  1. Oh No !
    You know the movie Mars Attacks ?
    Country music can be dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hermann, at FMF, we like both kinds of music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for these. I've got Warped 6622 (1965-67), but these two eluded me. All the Warped discs are worth seeking out IMO, covering an impressive range of country and bluegrass artists from the '30s to at least the '60s, maybe beyond.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JFK - if you feel up to the physical effort of lifting 6622 up onto a flatbed internet, there'd be a few keen to haul it home, me included!

      Delete
  4. Mr. F - you meant C. and W. ?
    - just joking.
    a sound i like of that genre - a Garth bootleg:
    https://mega.nz/#!Od1CAKiI!tg7Cl3gqeGS7H6z3tCURs6VaE_UIL5en46emVRyU6ZE

    ReplyDelete
  5. ... 6622 ... canna.to ...
    > 700 warped - but maybe some dead ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And thank you, Mr Dave. But I feel I should clear up some confusion re. nomenclature. "Farquhar Throckmorton" are my given names. III is my family name. As I am the third Farquhar Throckmorton in the family line, I am geneologically Farquhar Throckmorton III III. In the interests of clarity I omit the Roman numeral III for my blog.

    ReplyDelete