Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Secret Lives Dept. - Reed "The Funkinator" Myers!

Myers at his desk, yesterday. "I'm high on my work! But the drugs help. We're all on drugs, hahahaha! The guys behind me? They're not blurred, that's how they are!"

By day, Reed Myers is Senior Sales Representative Officer for S.R.S. Solutions®, a major on-line Sales Representative Solutions consultancy, Boise, I.D. "I guess I'm the luckiest guy in the world!" laughs Reed. "I love my job! My strengths are bringing excellence to customer service through commitment to timely response tailored to customers' needs. My analytical technology skillset is a means to enabling performance breakthroughs, and my people skills include persuasion, adaptability, and Emotional Intelligence. Driving deliverables to market in real-time narrative is my passion! I'm just sooooo happy! All the time! My eyes look like eyebrows! Plus, we all wear pastels, cool grays, or off-white ethical weaves!"

But by night, Myers becomes his alter-ego "The Funkinator", house DJ at the happening Club GenRG in the heart of Boise's hipper-than-hipster Linen District!

"I'm typically last to leave the campus, so I swing by my favorite third-wave artisanal roast shop and grab a shade-grown sustainable java for that pre-gig lift! Then I cycle to the club and typically do some poppers in the toilet before curating the evening's playlist!"

Myers, rockin' the house!
"I use A.I. to program the music to the clientele's demographic," he enthuses. "Driving on-time delivery of excellence in entertainment is my passion!"

Check out playlist highlights in the comments!










8 comments:

  1. Dug at random from the GenRG crate: Weldon Irvine's "Liberated Brother", The Lyman Woodard Organisation's "Don't Stop The Groove", and Milton Wright's "Friends And Buddies".

    Loadup soon as Nurse Mulcher wheels me into the shade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For those with stuff left to strut
    Forget your perfect offering
    Get off yer butt an' do that thing!

    https://workupload.com/file/JfCvPDCN4FC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't tell if I want these or not; I need a vibe check -- are they cheugy or bop? Will it help me glow up and be on fleek? Can I get a clapback here chief?

      Delete
  3. The Lyman Woodard Organization and Milton Wright are a trip down memory lane, to Manhattan's clubland circa mid 70s. Weldon Irvine is criminally not well known.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait 'till you hear Myers' DJ crew (actually, 2/3 of them are the blurry colleagues), the Boise Bois, about to make some noise. Holla, if you wanna separate the men from the bois 'round here! Word to your mother!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bloomin' 'eck! How have I been unaware of "Liberated Brother" for the past 50 years? Thanks for the download - I've just ordered the vinyl LP from Soul Jazz Records in Soho.

    Cheers, Peanuts Molloy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. During my formative years at Cobb's Corner bar and Trans-Love Energies events in Detroit in the 60s, Lyman Woodward and crew were a constant presence. Looking forward to this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Listening to it now Farq, please pass on my compliments to Reed "The Funkinator" Myers or perhaps his AI, excellent albumss all unfamiliar to me... Not sure how much the shade-grown sustainable java or the toilet poppers steered his selections, but who cares as long as the groove keeps on groovin'!

    ReplyDelete