Friday, July 12, 2019

What, You Worry?

A small package of no value today, a swell gift from Blank Frank! Three full-length albums of vintage Mad Magazine-ness that you'll wish were singles, and a single you'll wish had never been released, all in one sumptuous package! Fink Along With Mad (1962) features the regrettably unforgettable sounds of The Dellwoods, Mike Russo, and Jeanne Hayes (me neither). Mad Twists Rock n' Roll features, uh, more of the same. Musically Mad [at left - Ed.] embraces the latest in stereo recording technology, featuring the musical genius of household names Bernie Green And The Stereo Mad-Men. And as a bonus, we throw in (or up) the 1959 single from Alfred E. Neuman And His Furshlugginer Five, What, Me Worry?

Hoo boy! You'll sure be the envy of the gang with these swell recordings! Remember to Thank Your Uncle Frank in the comments!

7 comments:

  1. The Furshlugginer Five are sorely underrated. Listen to them, then to Sonic Youth ... the back again ... I hesitate to use the word plagiarism here. Mainly because I don't know what it means. But yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You and Thank You (BlankFrank).
    Would that the "climate" allow I could say "What Me Worry" and mean it.
    Until then, I smile, I laugh, I dance (well, you probably wouldn't call it dancing).
    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Agnes, the Teenage Russian Spy" is my all-time favorite song.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sadly just heard the mag got cancelled. So thanks for this rubbish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup, it's the end of an era. I'm amazed the magazine lasted this long, and although I haven't bought it since the 70s it's sad to see it go. I have a lot of copies as pdf, including the original EC comic book run.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Phil Ramone was the engineer on these sessions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the lack of critical recognition was responsible for his move to Punk Rock, Mr Lint.

      Delete