Sunday, July 28, 2019

Somethin' For Sunday

Is Sunday still "a thing" - as today's hip teens would say - with you? If your cot is located under the roof of a Correctional Facility, perhaps one day is pretty much as another. But here at FalseMemoryFoam©, Sundays are something special. Cody presses my Angel'sFlight®© slacks (if I'm lucky while I'm still wearing them), Pepé, my devoted houseboy, grinds a handful of costly Laotian coffee beans between his teeth, and I settle back with the funny papers, the troubles of the world forgotten. But what, I hear you cry in that anxious whine of yours, what is spinning on th' Foam Victrola? Perhaps an étude by Fauré? A rare chamber piece by Buxtehude? Why, no, you scamp! Today it is our old friend Hoagland Carmichael, in a very special session from '56, arranged by Johnny Mandel (a personal friend). Ask the Warden to play it over the PA system!

12 comments:

  1. Swell Indeed. Thank you. ONWARD thru the Fog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mumbles dupree is currently in witness protection at the Beach View Motel, Butane Flats, Dakota. Room 112.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Da screws in Orleans Parish Prison, won't let us lizzen to no kultural stuff. We only get Hurricane Harry on repeat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSuhPLFMnmk
    Tell Mumbles I left him a surprise behind the 2nd ceiling tile to the left of da front door.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr Mac, in a private email, your Chief Warden tells me he's organizing a Kenny G/Michael Bolton concert, and assures me you'll be front and center. "We gots culture out the ass!" he says.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh joy! The stylings of Kenny G/Michael Bolton performing "Big Chief" will do wondahs for da boyz on da block.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I...uh...wish...you wouldn'ta said nuthin' regarding my...uh...whereabouts, Farquhar. As an heir, an all...I thought that you might be smarter than that; Mister Fat Cat with his phermoaning tsunami, my foot. Senor Mac, muchas gracias for the "surprise" but pardon my confusement. ONWARD thru the Fog! Indeed....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry, mumbles! At least I didn't mention your new ID is "John Doe" and that you've dyed your hair ginger and spend your evenings down at the Lucky Pimento Bar n' Grill pitching woo at the Latina waitress.

    I can't make up my mind whose hair I think is the lushest - Kenny G or Michael B? I'm talking about the Peak Mullet years. I really think Kenny just edges it what with his abundant ringlets ... any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Abundant ringlets indeed! Knuckles in 116 is currently sporting a reverse Mohawk (the most difficultest Pompadour) whilst trying to divert the attention of Opal,the hot little bitch! that serves up los mui bueno huevos, if you know what I mean, Farquhar. I'm not falling into your peak Mullet years trap, good day sir. ONWARD thru the Fog! & whatnot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Turns out th' G-ster is responsible for one of the worst drinks in the world, too! Add the Frappucino to his list of crimes against humanity!


    *shudder*

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Hoagy. Master. HongKong Blues is the obvious choice but That doesn’t bother me none.

    How do you feel about Henry Mancini? He’s my current favourite.

    Love, Bri.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way about Mancini as I do all them fancy pasta shapes.

      Delete